Cast the Cards – Submissions OPEN – Writers needed!
The following is reposted from S.L. Armstrong’s LiveJournal post:
So, here is the official call for submissions. Feel free to pass the link around/repost the contents of this post wherever you like.
Cast the Cards
Editor: S.L. Armstrong
The theme for Storm Moon Press‘ first anthology is the Major Arcana.
We are seeking short stories (between 5,000 words and 10,000 words) that are based on the Major Arcana from the tarot. Only one card for each story will be used. This means that if we receive six short stories with the base theme being The Devil, only one of those will be accepted. We’d like diversity in the cards used.
Magic, fantasy, paranormal, historical, prophecy, or even unusual interpretations of the theme will be accepted, though all must contain a strong romantic element. We publish primarily erotic romances of alternative lifestyles. Submissions can include male/male, female/female, ménage à trois of any variation, and polyamorous relationships that are handled responsibly. We will also accept short stories that include BDSM and kink. The stories do not need to be explicit in nature, but romance is required.
Only short stories that still have their First English language rights still attached will be considered, and we do ask for exclusive electronic and print rights for one (1) year, at which time, all rights revert. We do not accept simultaneous submissions.
Payment is $0.01 per word (based on final, edited word count) paid upon publication, plus a PDF copy of the e-book, and two contributor copies of the print book.
We are accepting submissions from January 1st, 2010 until April 30th, 2010. Acceptance notifications and contracts will be issued during the month of May. All content to be featured in Cast the Cards will be edited. Planned release for both the e-book and print book is October 31st, 2010.
Material that includes the following will be summarily rejected:
* Pedophilia (ie, sex between those under the age of 18)
* Necrophilia (vampires, zombies, and the like don’t count)
* Bestiality (that is, sex with non-sentient animals or shifters in shifted form)
* Scat or golden showers
* Gratuitous violence
* Rape (that includes forced seduction, capture, and dubious consent within the context of the present storyline)
* Submission deadline is April 30, 2010
* Please send submissions to submissions @ stormmoonpress.com (remove the spaces surrounding the @ sign when emailing us)
* Email subject should read: CAST THE CARDS: TITLE AUTHOR
* Include a 300 word bio of the author as a cover page
* The top left of the cover page should include the following: submission title, author’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail
* Submissions must be sent as a RTF attachment, the file named CAST_THE_CARDS_TITLE_AUTHORNAME
* Double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1″ margins
* Unpublished submissions only
* Please be certain to edit your own work; any submissions with glaring, common errors will be rejected
* All accepted submissions will be edited prior to publication
Happy New Year, everyone! 2010! Woot!